This morning I woke up feeling a little inspired to do something to give my skin a glow and also soothe my current acne situation that has been aggravated by hormones. I decided to make my old faithful turmeric and honey mask, turmeric has so many healing properties as an anti-oxidant it helps acne, eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, wrinkles and dark circles under the eyes. It also reduces skin inflammation and slows down cell damage! Honey can help treat acne, reduce the appearance of pimples, scars, blemishes and generally improve the skin appearance. So if you want that natural glow up all you have to do is combine the two and voila!
First I washed my face with my usual face wash then I steamed it to open my pores, next I mixed the ingredients to make the mask:
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of organic, raw, local honey
- In a small bowl or jar, mix the turmeric powder with the honey and apple cider vinegar. Try to mix is so that will stick to your face and not drip.
- Apply the mask carefully avoiding your eyes.
- Allow the mask sit on your face for 15–20 minutes then rinse with warm water.
- If you have any leftover, you can cover and leave in the fridge for your next application.
I recommend using this mask twice a week when you have a flare up, make sure you don’t use it too often as it may irritate the skin.
P.s. Have you ever had a throat tickle or irritation due to a cold? a teaspoon or two of turmeric and honey can soothe the pain! Try it, I promise it’s magical!